Friday 15 January 2016

Nigerian Striker Scores Twice on Debut for New Club, Says Arsenal Want Him

Austin Amutu clearly isn't lacking in confidence.
The 22-year-old Nigerian striker only recently scored twice on his debut for Israeli side Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona, but he's already targeting a move to Premier League leaders Arsenal.

"It has been my dream to play for Arsenal, they came for my while I was at Warri Wolves and I think it was money that truncated the whole thing, by now I should be playing for Arsenal or any team in England," he told AfricanFootball (via the Evening Standard).
Amutu is only on a training contract at Hapoel, but that hasn't stopped him sounding out opportunities elsewhere. "I am happy that a coach like [Arsene] Wenger has interest in me for long, still keeps his eyes on me and has not lost interest. I believe I am not far away from my dream of playing for Arsenal," he explained.
Recent months have seen the Gunners linked with a number of high-profile strikers, including Real Madrid's Karim Benzema, according to French journalist Pierre Menes (via the Telegraph), as they look to win their first league title in 12 years.

No comments: